Don't Happen No More


1/4/09

Many times when I look at a piece of work I've just finished, a song will immediately pop into my head.

For that matter, many times when I HEAR a song, I can SEE a necklace.

But that's another blog for another day.

If you know me, you know I have always been a major fan of Pat Benatar. Her voice reaches me.

Well, she recorded a soulful blues cd back in 1991, True Love, that was incomparable -- just wonderful.

One of the songs, written in 1956, was titled, "Don't Happen No More," written by jazz and blues master Obie Jessie.

This simple little necklace is just that -- a tangible reminder of something that doesn't happen anymore. Beautiful attention to detail in the most everyday of objects -- the care, pride, and craftsmanship that is by and large a lost art -- a style of art which life just doesn't afford us anymore.

This is the refrain from the song, and this is what I see when I look at this necklace:

At least we can love and appreciate what still exists before it changed.

What a BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL art deco buckle.

Man, how the world has changed. . .
"It don't happen no more,
that was a long time ago,
It's a pitiful shame,
How the world has changed."


Signed Kay Adams, A0243
Lore Collection, $120, Sold

No comments:

Post a Comment