There's no place like home . . .

2/1/09

Forgive my "hiatus" but I went on an journey. A journey to the bottom of the earth . . . Antarctica for the last three weeks, and hence my blogging hiatus.

So why blog on this goofy little storybook, homey kind of necklace the day I'm back?

Well, to tell you the truth, although my trip was amazing, I did have a touch of homesickitus. (And frankly seasickitius while I was there). I missed my shop and my mother, I missed my cats and simple food. I missed making necklaces and blogging. I missed my daily Starbucks Venti Decaf Peppermint Mocha Frappucino, no whip. (ok-- I know it's sad), but I missed my regular life.

It was a magnificent trip and I met great people and rubbed elbows with a team of environmental scientists aboard our Marine Vessel Discovery. I spent cherished time with two wonderful Maltese friends. I saw scenery that was so beautiful it would make you cry. And I absolutely have visions of my "Ode to Antarctica" necklace that I will soon be creating.

But in all honesty, home is where the heart is. And my heart is here.

There truly is no place like home.

Signed Kay Adams.
A0767, $155.






No comments:

Post a Comment