I'm Going Back Someday

10/09/09

An art form of the Netherlands -- delftware -- is named after the town known as Delft from where this type of fired pottery was often made.

Customarily blue white with scenes often depicting windmills and sailboats and peaceful countryside chalets.

I remember distinctly a little fishing village called Volendam and this vintage brooch turned into a necklace does make me pine to be back there.

Holland's countryside is magical -- the lost charm of a bucolic old world. 

Ms. Ronstandt wasn't talking about Delft or Volendam when she sung about the Blue Bayou, but goodness knows she could have been.


Signed Kay Adams, A1535
Bitz Collection, Sold


I'm going back someday
Come what may
To Blue Bayou
Where the folks are fine
And the world is mine
On Blue Bayou
Where those fishing boats
With their sails afloat
If I could only see
That familiar sunrise
Through sleepy eyes
How happy I'd be

No comments:

Post a Comment