MERRY CHRISTMAS???







11/2/08

Yes, Merry Christmas! Well let me explain. I was asked to be a designer in this year's annual Lewis Ginter "Splendor Under the Glass" Designer Wreath Auction, November 21st. (Just around the corner, really).

This is an invitation-only, black tie affair staged in the dramatic glass Conservatory. It will be a memorable evening filled with festivities including an elegant dinner, entertainment, a special preview of the GardenFest of Lights 2008, and of course the live auction of wreaths by artists who were asked to submit their work for this annual fundraising event.

Indeed, this is my contribution. I have been teased relentlessly for saving burnt out bulbs by almost every member of my family. (And if you know the chandeliers in Anthill -- well over 100 fixtures lit at any given time -- you know we have BULBS!). But intuitively I knew there was a gorgeous application with those spent bulbs just waiting to be discovered. And guess what? I WAS RIGHT! :))) GLEE! No more teasing, ok? (No chance of that I'm sure) ;).

I had a lovely time making it, was so happy to recycle such seemingly pointless landfill, and was certainly honored to be asked to be a designer. So all you lovely bidders -- bid high, bid proud and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment