The Coy Cutie in the Skull

05/05/10

Meet my girl, Lauren.

She's the one who ultimately ended up with the infamous skull necklace, AND DOES SHE LOOK COOL IN IT!

Dang do I ever want to be in my early 20's again (certainly in looks!!).

To take you back a moment, one of the bullet points on my bucket list was to create something that would make the ranks to be included in Noah Scalin's widely followed and renowned 'Skull-A-Day' blog.

The items submitted have to be created by the artist and they get 1000's of entries, so I didn't know if I'd make the grade, but the "skulls-that-be" saw it fit for inclusion and thus I got to meet a goal on the bucket list!! YES!

I used two layers of earrings for his eyes, a Scandanavian earring for the nose, a Danish pin for his "grill" and in true 6-feet-under fashion, I have him crying a spider tear, as well as another spider fashionably crawling through his grill.

He hangs suspended from two . .  what else . . . skeleton keys, and gobs of rhinestone and chain cobwebs.

Click here for the original entry from my personal blog.

Here's how the necklace appeared on the blog, and here's a link to it in it's entirety -- click here!

If you aren't one of the 1000's of  fans of Skull-A-Day on facebook -- it's a great page!!  YOU SHOULD JOIN -- GOOD CLEAN FUNKY MYSTERIOUS SKULL FUN!!  -- click here!

My philosophy is we all ought to get in touch with our inner-skull -- we'll all be one, one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment